Homeschool Program“Education is not the filing of a pail, but the lighting of a spark” -William Butler Yeats
We offer various homeschool programs throughout the year. Be sure to join our Homeschool mailing list and read to learn more about our offerings.
A glance at our 2022-2023
Spring Homeschool SessionsENROLLMENT NOW OPEN
2 Sessions | 9:30AM - 1:30PM
*Payment Plan now available
SESSION 1 (Tuesdays):
March 21, 28
April 11, 18, 25*
May 2, 9, 16
*No camp April 4
Session 2 (Thursdays):
March 23, 30
April 13, 20, 27*
May 4, 11, 18
*No camp April 6
(payment plan available - broken into 3 payments)
We are now vendors with Visions, Compass and Vista Oaks.
If you are using CHARTER FUNDS, please select the full tuition option and use coupon code: CHARTERFUNDS100 to receive a full waiver of tuition.
*YOU MUST CLICK HERE TO READ FULL DETAILS IF USING CHARTER FUNDS
ABOUT CAMP SHINE HOMESCHOOL
We offer homeschool programs throughout the school year.
Some skills your child may leave with after their time at Camp SHINE:
- Animals Care/Husbandry
- Seasonal Gardening/Farm to Table experiences/What grows when and how it benefits our bodies
- Horseback Riding (in each session we ride 2 times) -How to groom, floor skills, and riding! Horseback riding is a wonderful way to practice leadership skills and to become a calm/confident leader.
- Knot Tying
- Leadership- opportunities to lead the group or share talents/skills
- Mindfulness tools-Yoga, Meditation, and Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), ways to manage stress/overwhelm in a child-friendly way!
- Nature inspired Art
- Herbalism-plant identifying/medicinal uses of plants/medicine making
- Harvesting and making elderberry syrup
- Woodworking/building upon our tree fort/creating our own walking sticks
- Hike/Nature Exploration
- Social Skills and New Friendships
- And more!
YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR REIMBURSEMENT:
We currently excited to announce that we are now vendors with Compass and Vista Oaks. Some of our families have already received reimbursement from their school by submitting their receipt.
Camp SHINE is a WHOLE person learning approach and we seek what is special and unique about your child and invite that to SHINE through!
A Sample Day in the life of Camp SHINE Homeschool:
Opening Circle: Quote of the Day, mindfulness, Learning about Nervous System Regulation (EFT), and mindset work such as gratitude and appreciation.
Farm Life: Taking care of the animals, grooming, cleaning, egg collecting, feeding, and loving!
Lunch: Please pack your child a lunch/water bottle (we provide snacks)
Main Lesson: (Example + Varies): Tree fort building, knot tying, sewing, natural dying, plant identifying, herbalism, ceramics, making recycled paper, woodwork, learning about symmetry and pattern with nature mandalas, and more!
***We often have Guest Teachers come to share with us their unique gifts and skills for our main lessons such as Potters, Herbalists, Naturopathic Doctors, Bee Specialists, Functional Medicine Practitioners, Artists, and More!***
Closing Circle: Discuss what we learned and enjoyed about the day!
Share this with a friend:
MUST READ POLICIES IF USING:CHARTER FUNDS
If using Charter Funds:
- You must enroll with us directly to be in the program, through our site right here. You are not officially in the program until you have signed up through our website which will add you to our roster.
- We have a $20 non refundable administrative fee per enrollment if using charter funds. This small fee enrolls your child in the program and stores your credit card, safely on file. Should your funds be insufficient or not go through, we will charge the card on file.
- The parent or guardian is ultimately responsible for payment should funds not go through. Please be aware of this upon signing up. You may also be responsible for camp days that land on school holidays.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT SCHEDULING:
PLEASE NOTE PRIOR TO ENROLLING, Some of our classes may be held on school holidays for your charter (each charter has their own holidays and therefore hard to accommodate everyone). If this is the case, you are personally responsible for covering tuition for that day that the charter will not fund.
How to enroll with Camp SHINE using Charter Funds:
- First check in with your charter to make sure you have funds and to submit a voucher.
- You must begin the enrollment process (this will ensure you have a spot) right HERE on our site by entering your information and selecting the program you wish to enroll in! We can’t wait to meet you and your child! (you are not officially in the program until you register with us even if you received a voucher)
- You will be instructed to create an account. This keeps all your info on file with us. It’s really easy for you and for us! You can refer to this secure account any time you need to access your information.
- When checking out for the program selected choose which Charter you are with (Compass/Vista Oaks or Visions), select Full Tuition, use coupon code: CHARTERFUNDS100 (this waives the full fee) and pay the $20 non refundable administrative fee (per enrollment).
- Once you are enrolled, you should receive a welcome letter with instructions for Camp, including directions, what to bring and how drop off/pick up is conducted.
If you don’t receive our welcome email, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
HOMESCHOOLFrequently Asked Questions
Can I stay with my child at camp?
Can I check out camp prior to enrolling my child?
This is a great question, we offer open houses throughout the year and do our best to host one prior to an enrollment period that allows for you to check out Camp SHINE. Please be on the lookout for our next one. (Be sure to subscribe to our mailing list for notifications on upcoming events like this).
Do you offer individual tours of Camp SHINE?
I really want my child to make friends and have community. Does this happen at Camp SHINE?
YES! We have had so many families create lasting friendships here at Camp SHINE. We have a very warm and welcoming program and as a byproduct, it is very easy for the kids to create friendships. Many kids even get together outside of Camp SHINE.
What can I expect my child to learn at Camp SHINE?
We teach animal husbandry/gardening and what it is like to run and tend the farm.
We also teach elements that are a bit of a lost art, handwork, weaving, felting, herbs and plants as ways to care for our bodies, building and cooking, (all of which is great for eye hand coordination, fine motor skills/large motor skills and is relaxing and meditative.)
We also seek to see what yourI child SHINES at and we welcome them to teach us their skills and knowledge practicing leadership skills and confidence building!
We also enjoy hiking and the seasons, instilling a love of nature.
We also love to teach about the nervous system and ways to care for yourself, your neighbor and also the planet. We love weaving in tool such as Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), mindfulness and gratitude. Our intent is to help build resilient and confident children who SHINE.
We believe conscious entrepreneurs are the people who will change the world!
When people choose to create businesses based on a win/win model, meaning it’s good for the seller, as it is for the consumer, as it is for the environment…
Our whole planet will be a happier and healthier place!
MONDAY HOMESCHOOL MORNINGS:
11 Sessions + Booth Day + Follow up date!
Click to find out dates and more details or to enroll.
$975 (payment plan available)