JR CAMP COUNSELORLeadership Circle
A Program for Junior High Children, teaching them leadership skills and preparation for being a Jr. Camp Counselor for a week of summer camp!
Camp Shine Junior
Let’s gather in circle
and meet at the farm to not only enjoy the great outdoors, riding horses, art projects and tending to the animals but also to learn lifelong empowerment tools and leadership skills!
This program also makes you eligible to be a Jr. Camp Counselor at Camp SHINE in our Summer Program!
Let’s face it, being a preteen is no walk in the park! Life is getting increasingly more complicated for our children at younger ages. With advances in technology, social media, rise in anxiety, surges of hormones, Covid-19, friendship debacles, bullying and more responsibility than ever…kids need guidance!
In middle school, kids begin to seek outside approval and look to the external world for validation.
WE BELIEVE IT IS CRUCIAL TO TEACH OUR YOUTH TO VALUE AND APPRECIATE THE MOST IMPORTANT AND LONGEST RELATIONSHIP THEY WILL EVER HAVE…THE ONE WITH THEMSELVES.
Young adults and even grown adults need useful tools to manage emotions and stress to create a solid foundation of wellbeing. We want our kids to have a solid base of how to take excellent care of themselves from a holistic perspective and have an ABSOLUTE BLAST in the process!
As our youth learn these skills for themselves, they are then ready to lead the younger children to grow and bloom in our summer program becoming confident, kind, and loving leaders too!
How do we schedule our week of summer camp?
Once you are enrolled in Jr. Counselor program, we will reach out to you to schedule your week of summer camp. This will happen once the program has started, so don’t worry if you don’t hear from us right away. For the most part, people are able to get the week./session they request.
Can my child join a younger sibling for the same week of summer camp?
We will accommodate siblings being together and they will get priority for their preferred week to support our families and their quality of life 🙂
All of our Camp Shine Programs are CHILD LEAD
This means that we follow the lead of the group interests, what they want to explore and projects they want to learn. We intentionally leave room in our programs for the kids to lead the way!
JR. CAMP COUNSELOR CIRCLE
Runs for 8 weeks
Wednesdays, from 3:00pm – 5:30pm
April 10, 17, 24
May 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
(Includes one week of Summer Camp to practice leaderships skills learned in the program)
IN THE JUNIOR CAMP COUNSELOR LEADERSHIP CIRCLE
What can your child expect?
We will visit the farm and enjoy farm life! Some of the activities we will take part in are:
- Learning about what it is to be a good leader, critical thinker and kind.
- Create a safe and nurturing environment to discuss what it’s like to be in Junior High in 2023?!
- How do we manage things like social media, outside influence, friendships, phones. How do we make healthy empowered decisions on our own?
- Learning powerful life skills such as:
Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), Self-Counseling, Guided Meditation, conflict resolution, effective communication, the power in our choices and self-responsibility.
- Leadership training and Preparation to be a volunteer Jr. Camp Counselor for 1 week of summer camp! This includes what it takes to be a good mentor and role model.
- Horsemanship and Riding…your child will learn to tend to the animals and experience 1 riding day for themselves.
- Hiking and exploring
- Learn the in’s and out’s of what it takes to be a Camp Counselor.
- This program is great training about how to be helpful in a job setting and being a self starter.
Our hope is that one day some of our Jr. Campers will have their first job with us here at Camp SHINE as Camp Counselors!